DIY Week Awards 2018
The deadline for entries to the UK DIY Awards has been extended to January 31st, 2018 so don’t miss out on this great opportunity to showcase your latest innovations!
Special rates apply for BHETA member submissions.
Cost to BHETA members is £80 (reduced from £90) you must ensure to tick the ‘I am a member of BHETA’ box to qualify for the discount.
Entry deadline is 31st January and more details can be found at www.diyweekawards.co.uk
Entry form page can be found here
The entry process:
1. Complete the online entry form, attaching 2 images and a company or brand logo
2. Within 48 hours you will receive an email acknowledgement to notify you that we have received your entry. This will be followed by a second email with details of where and when to send your product sample, the second email will be sent at the beginning of February 2018
3. Send your product sample(s) by post or courier in time for the judging day. The judges will be unable to consider your entry if you do not supply a product sample (unless agreed otherwise)
4. Completed forms need to be received by Wednesday, January 31
5. Products need to be received by Monday, February 5 – but don’t worry more information will be sent once we have received your entry form
TIP: As part of the entry process you will be asked the following questions, so it may be handy to pre-prepare a word document in order to copy and paste your responses:
– Your details, including company name, address & contact details
– Product name
– Trade/cost price
– Suggested selling price
– Tell us what’s new about this product (guideline 150 words)
– Why is this product better than any other on the market? (guideline 150 words)
– Why should a retailer stock this product? (guideline 100 words)
– Is this product part of a range? If so please provide details (guideline 100 words)
Additionally, you will also be asked to upload:
– 2 x product images (if your product sample is not being supplied in its packaging, please ensure one of the images supplied depicts its retail packaging)
– 1 x company logo
YOU CAN USE THE DIY WEEK AWARDS AS A PLATFORM TO SHOWCASE YOUR BUSINESS
Entering the DIY Week Awards gives you and your business the chance to showcase your innovation, creativity, and achievements in front of our fantastic judging panels, as well as a room full of your peers at the event itself.
Recent news that British businesses have increased their research and development (R&D) spend to record levels, reflects a welcome commitment to bringing innovative products and solutions to the UK market.
Commenting on the reported growth in R&D spending for 2016, which was up 5.6% to £22.2billion in 2016, CBI innovation director Tom Thackray said: “Firms know that innovation can have a fundamental role in helping them grow and become more productive in challenging times.”
With this in mind, the DIY Week Awards is the perfect opportunity for suppliers to flag up their ability to create quality and market-changing products or top campaigns and retailer initiatives, with some of the biggest buyers in the industry a captive audience on our judging panel:
• Robert Dyas senior trader, Andrew Georgiou
• Wilko senior buyer – DIY, John Cosford
• Kingfisher head of sales – outdoor categories, Steve Guy
• Broad Street DIY director, Paul Warren
• Home Hardware Southwest product manager – DIY, Paul Andrews
• Wyevale Garden Centres buyer, Mike Farrants
• GIMA director, Vicky Nuttall
Meanwhile, our judging panel for the retailer categories includes leading industry figures, consultants, retail and marketing specialists, and names from major suppliers.
• Henkel customer marketing manager, Paul Bagnall
• Benchmark Retail Services managing director, Mark Alexander
• GCA chief executive Iain Wylie
• Toolbank marketing development director, Simon Bicknell
• BIRA director, Steve Akers
• Industry consultant Colin Petty
• Stax Trade Centres operations director, Nigel Wright
(watch out for more names set to join the panels in coming weeks)
With so much expansion and so many exciting initiatives this year, the 2018 DIY Week Awards is the perfect vehicle to recognise stand-out businesses and reward excellence in retail.